The Local Missions Minister reports to the Executive Director, Sending.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
The Local Missions Minister is responsible for developing and directing the local missions efforts at The Village Church. The local missions strategy is executed through mobilizing men and women of TVC into strategic opportunities to demonstrate and declare the love of Christ in our community. The Local Mission Minister is a full-time role, open to both men and women, and located at the Flower Mound campus.
- Implement The Village Church’s vision for mobilizing the church toward the Great Commission in our local community.
- Develop and deploy lay leaders for the mobilization of the church locally.
- Develop pipeline for member mobilization toward community engagement.
- Develop systems and processes to support missional living within The Village Church, including mobilizing and training members for local outreach and short-term/long-term community engagement opportunities.
- Create and implement community service initiatives.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with local organizations, churches, nonprofits, businesses, and schools.
- Establish healthy partnerships with the ultimate goal of mobilizing people for engagement of our local community.
- Incorporate the core value of community engagement into and across all ministries of The Village Church.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3–5 years of ministry experience required
- Capable of recruiting individuals and teams around a common vision
- Commitment to the local church as a training and sending agent for the mission of God
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms)