The Connections Ministry Assistant reports to the Connections Director. This is a part-time position located in Flower Mound, Texas.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
The Connections Ministry Assistant contributes to The Village Church’s mission through the administrative support of the Connections department. This is accomplished through the administration of connection requests follow-up, Connections Class coordination, connection pathway and program follow-up, volunteer scheduling, and other initiative and project administration.
This position directly impacts the Church’s vision by enabling The Village Church to be a welcoming home to people across all ages and every stage of life. This position will assist in the Church realizing the goal of seeing over 300 baptisms every year.
- Schedule, lead, and direct front desk volunteers
- Mobilize volunteers to receive connection requests and general inquiries and assign follow-up to respective staff members
- Ensure every connection request submitted by our guests and members is responded to in a timely manner
- Oversee and administer the Connections department email account
- Order supplies and hospitality for department events and general department use
- Assist with complete coordination of department events, from concept to execution
- Assist with new volunteer assimilation, orientation, and training
- Manage the master schedule of Connections volunteers, leaders, and senior leaders
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- 3+ years experience in an administrative context
- Advanced proficiency in Google Suite
- Advanced to expert knowledge of assimilation systems
- Advanced experience in database management
- Proficient experience in a ministry context
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and self-motivated
- Enjoys working on a team