If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
The Institute Minister is a pastoral theologian within the local church. This individual teaches and administrates within the TVCI Training Program, in addition to overseeing and leading the Residency Program. This individual disciples followers of Jesus through teaching formal theological education and pastoring the integration of daily life and theology. This is a full-time position located at the Flower Mound campus.
- Oversee and execute teaching/administrative roles within the Training Program, working collaboratively with the Executive Director, TVCI
- Oversee and lead the Residency Program, developing leaders for the church and the marketplace
- Develop and nurture a culture of lay leadership within TVCI environments
- Provide pastoral and theological equipping to the ministries of The Village Church
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Required: graduate degree in discipline relevant to the mission of TVCI (examples include but are not limited to: Biblical Studies, Theology, Philosophy, New/Old Testament).
- 5+ years of pastoral/ministerial experience (care, counsel, Bible teaching, prayer, etc.)
- 5+ years of teaching or preaching experience
- Ability to research and navigate books, topics, libraries, articles in an efficient and effective manner
- Experience in talking about and considering theological topics
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and dependability
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually evolving environment
- Ability to execute, think proactively, and manage detail
- Proficient in Google Apps, Word, Excel, Trello
- Basic understanding of the role of learning management software
- Basic understanding of the mission and method of TVCI (Forums, Core Classes, Bible Studies, Training Program, etc.)