The Graphic Designer reports to the Creative Director. This is a full-time position located at the Flower Mound campus.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for partnering with the Creative Director and Communications team to produce ministry deliverables that communicate creatively and clearly, using both printed and digital mediums. The Graphic Designer’s deliverables directly support and further the ministry of The Village Church by telling the story of the church’s mission and vision and inviting the body into active participation.
- Partner with the Creative Director in the creative vision of the church
- Execute print and digital designs in an organized, thoughtful, and creative manner
- Uphold the style guide and brand of The Village Church
- Interact with ministries for direction and feedback on projects
- Prep files and package projects for delivery to vendors
- Approve proofs and check for product quality/accuracy
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- 3–5 years professional graphic design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Communications, or related field
- A varied portfolio of work, showcasing both digital and print experience
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced understanding of typography, layout, and hierarchy
- Web design skills preferred
- Social media experience and interest preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight schedules and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated learner, quick to research and implement
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization