The Groups Minister reports to the Groups Pastor. This is a full-time position located at the Flower Mound campus.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
The Groups Minister is responsible for recruiting, training, and developing all group leaders and senior group leaders for life on life discipleship under the direction of the Groups Pastor.
- Provide regular oversight and care for female deacons, senior group leaders, and group leaders
- Provide general pastoral care and counsel for deacons, senior group leaders, group leaders, and members.
- Connect Home Groups with opportunities for community engagement in collaboration with the Sending Department
- Collaborate with Groups Pastor, Operations, Connections, Young Adults, and Communications to maximize on-ramps into Groups Ministry
- Recruit, interview, evaluate, and deploy all potential group leaders
- Operate as the point person for events for group leaders and senior group leaders (worship and prayer nights, leader appreciation, etc.)
- Develop and revise teaching curriculum, leader training, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of ministerial leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of biblical theology
- Understanding of church theology and philosophy of ministry
- Model the biblical character of minister/deacon (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1)
- Proficient in pastoral care, counsel, and direction
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment