The Elementary Curriculum Coordinator reports to the Elementary Minister. This is a temporary (1 year), part-time position located at the Flower Mound campus.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
The Elementary Curriculum Coordinator is an integral part of the programmatic efforts to serve and lead families of elementary-age kids and the volunteers who work with them with a specific emphasis on curriculum editing and development.
- Develop, write, and implement curriculum for the Elementary Ministry (1st–5th graders)
- Shepherd 1st–5th graders and their families
- Shepherd, equip, and encourage Elementary Ministry volunteers
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Undergraduate degree required
- Background in theological studies preferred
- Previous family ministry or child development experience
- Experience with educational/curriculum writing
- Proficient in reading, understanding, and rightly teaching Scripture
- Proficient in contextualizing theological truths for 1st–5th graders
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, work ethic, and dependability
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google applications