The Custodian position reports to the Facilities Director. This is a full-time position located at the Flower Mound campus.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
The Custodian supports the ministries of The Village Church by cleaning, maintaining, and preparing church facilities.
- Maintain building readiness for use on a day-to-day basis
- Assist Facilities Associate with light building, maintenance, and repairs
- Maintain the cleanliness of facilities
- Assist Facilities Associate in overseeing work being done by outside vendors
- Schedule and oversee volunteers
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Experience with both power and hand tools
- Experience with basic cleaning methods
- Experience with operating basic custodial equipment
- Experience with light maintenance items (plumbing, electrical, etc.)
- Experience with email (Google Apps), Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage volunteers
- Outgoing and enjoys working with others
- Ability to work and interact with a team
- Problem solving skills
- Desire to learn