The Copywriter reports to the Communications Coordinator. This is a temporary (2–4 years) part-time position located at the Flower Mound campus.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
The Copywriter writes and edits print and digital content. This role is essential in helping the Communications team to maintain clear, consistent, quality content across all communication channels.
- Write and edit event and promotional content for ministries
- Write and edit content for digital platforms
- Create, plan and schedule content for social media, emails and SMS
- Proofread content for grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Assist in scheduling and developing stories
- Assist with the strategy and execution of communication platforms
- Assist the Communications Coordinator in managing projects and maintaining the language and brand of The Village Church
- Supervise and develop the Copywriting Intern
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications or journalism preferred
- Pursuing theological education preferred
- Strong knowledge of Associated Press Stylebook
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Conscientious, high attention to detail
- Driven, takes initiative
- Professional interest/experience in social media a plus