The Connections Director reports to the Executive Director of Administration. This is a full-time position located at the Flower Mound campus.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our children and adults in our ministry programs. We have preventative measures in place to safeguard each child, as well as those who serve them. These preventative measures include awareness training, skillful screening processes, policies and procedures, background checks, and monitoring and oversight to help us maintain compliance and accountability. Furthermore, we understand and follow our reporting obligations in accordance with the state of Texas.
The Connections Director ensures that the church’s vision for guest services and hospitality is being carried out within the Connections department and ministry programming. This role ensures that the Connections team is creating a welcoming, hospitable environment for TVC’s guests and members, and provides a clear pathway for guests and members to connect deeper within the church. This role provides vision, leadership, and guidance to the department team, deacons, and lay leaders, leads and teaches in Connections classes, and cross-collaborates with TVC staff and stakeholders to establish meaningful ministry connection and assimilation.
- Provide vision and strategy for radical hospitality within Connections programming and ministry opportunities
- Provide vision, leadership, and guidance to the Connections department, overseeing multiple direct reports
- Provide coaching and development to direct reports
- Provide training, care, and development to department volunteers and deacons
- Provide staff presence for Sunday services and other churchwide ministry events
- Oversee Connections classes, membership process, and baptism process
- Create class content and provide teaching within Connections environments
- Manage department budget and oversee spending
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- 5+ years of ministry experience
- Advanced to expert experience in developing and managing leaders
- Advanced to expert experience in creating, communicating, and sustaining a compelling vision
- Advanced experience in team management
- Advanced knowledge of assimilation systems
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Proficient experience in database management
- Proficient experience in overseeing budgets
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal