About the Church Plant
Travis Cunningham, currently a Groups minister at the Flower Mound campus, will be the lead pastor of StoryChurch. Please pray for Travis, his wife, Katy, and their children, Peyton and Owen.
Travis was born and raised in Rancho Cucamonga, and he is overjoyed to make the move back home to plant a church. Rancho Cucamonga is a vibrant, beautiful city to live in, located near Los Angeles, but it is also a city plagued by the false stories of our culture: consumerism, individualism, progressivism and more. And of the hundreds of thousands of people who live there, over 65% of them don’t claim religion at all.
There is one story that leads to true freedom—the gospel of Jesus Christ—and it’s the one StoryChurch desires to share. Through proclaiming and embodying the gospel story, their vision is to make a family of servant missionaries. They hope to be a multicultural, multigenerational church that reflects the community and the people of God, planting churches that plant churches that plant churches, from Rancho Cucamonga to the nations.
StoryChurch plans to launch in 2019. Travis is currently building a team and leadership, and he and his family will move out to California in January of 2019.
How you can get involved:
- Fill out StoryChurch’s contact form if you’re interested in giving or going, or email Travis directly.
- Pray that the Lord will cultivate the soil of Rancho Cucamonga for people to hear and believe the gospel.
- Pray for spiritual protection and wisdom for StoryChurch’s leadership.
- Pray for financial provision.
- Pray for a facility where the church can gather and worship.