Spiritual Formation Ministry Assistant (Plano)
The Spiritual Formation ministry assistant reports to the Spiritual Formation pastor.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
The Spiritual Formation ministry assistant will be responsible for administratively supporting the Spiritual Formation pastors, allowing them to think and work on a higher level while providing spiritual care and management to the staff and church body. This is a full-time position, located at the Plano campus.
- Assist the Spiritual Formation pastors with scheduling appointments, managing emails, taking phone calls, submitting expense reports, etc.
- Plan for and assist with weekly/monthly meetings, including taking meeting notes
- Plan for and assist with classes, including registration and follow up
- Assist all ministerial departments with external emails, managing of F1, purchasing resources, etc.
- Plan and set up for events, including ordering food and scheduling appropriate space
- Process invoices
- Manage the Plano campus Facebook group
- Receive and mail packages
- Answer front door and receive all walk-ins at the front desk
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years administrative assistant experience
- Ability to listen, care for and direct people
- Organized and good time management
- Proficient in verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps (Drive, Gmail, etc.)
- Able to learn and manage church software (Fellowship1, ServiceU, etc.)
- Able to think administratively and fill in gaps in instructions
- Able to understand the big picture goals but think about details
- Understanding of church theology and philosophy of ministry