Connections Minister (Plano)
The Connections minister reports to the Spiritual Formation pastor.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with cover letter at the end of the application form.
The objective of the Connections Ministry is to serve the church body through both individual and corporate interactions. This is accomplished through shepherding, informing and connecting with those who desire to live among the body of The Village Church and facilitating weekend services through volunteer-driven service teams. This is a full-time position located at the Plano campus.
- Clarify and refine volunteer systems churchwide
- Collaborate with Spiritual Formation Department on assimilating newcomers to groups and developing additional on-ramps for engagement
- Recruit, interview, train, oversee and shepherd Connections volunteers
- Consistently evaluate the overall strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of our assimilation strategies and weekend volunteer teams
- Assimilate those from the crowd to membership/church life
- Facilitate weekend ministry services, including parking, welcome, greeting and Connection Central
Qualifications and Requirements
- Agree with The Village Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent with the same
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in teaching
- Proficient in recruiting, building and managing teams
- Proficient relational skills
- Ability to listen, care for and direct people
- Ability to think administratively
- Effective communication (written, verbal, etc.)